The Allegiant airfare company is a great choice for travelers. They offer competitive prices and a wide selection of destinations. However, they also have a few policies that can affect your travel experience. For example, their baggage policy can impact how much you’ll pay for your luggage. You should know what to expect when flying with Allegiant and how to avoid any problems.
Looking for an easy way to save on your travel expenses? Look no further than Allegiant! Our baggage policy allows all passengers to bring 1 personal item on board for free. For any carry-on bag or checked baggage you need to pay extra for it. No need to worry about overspending- with Allegiant, you can always rely on our quality luggage to get you where you need to go without breaking the bank.
Below are the things which Allegiant Airlines provides to their customers:
- 01 single personal baggage
- 01 personal carry-on baggage which needs to purchased
- Max 05 checked baggage’s are allowed
- Sports gear/ sports kits need to purchased
- Musical items need to purchased
Allegiant Air Baggage Policy
Every passenger can bring One Free Personal Item.
Max Size: 7in x 15in x 16in (17.8cm x 38.1cm x 40.6cm)
You can purchase One Carry-On Bag per passenger
Max Size: 9in x 14in x 22in (22.9cm x 35.6cm x 55.9cm)
You can pre-purchase up to 4 Checked Bags per passenger
Max Size: 80 linear inches/203cm (Height + Width + Length)
Max Weight 40lbs/18kg per bag
As per the Allegiant airlines baggage policy, customer who bought base fare ticket is allowed to carry only 01 personal baggage on board and they need to pay for every carry on and checked baggage. Price for the baggage keeps on increasing as travel dates approaches nearby. To avoid extra charges allegiant airlines always suggest their client to book luggage at the time of booking air ticket or may be after some days so you can save good amount of money on baggage.
Carry-on Baggage of Allegiant Airlines
Carry-on baggage policy of allegiant airlines passengers who booked on normal/standard fares are allowed to carry 01 single personal baggage along with them on board like suitcase, laptop bag, briefcase etc which can easily be accommodate beneath the front seat.
Apart from 01 personal baggage allegiant airlines allows passenger to carry 01 single carry-on bag by paying extra at the airport or to avoid extra amount they can easily book on the website. You can carry cloths bag, roll aboard or a tote bag that can fit inside the overhead bin of the airlines.
Below are the size & weight details of carry-on baggage
1 FREE Personal Item
1 PAID Carry-on Bag (Optional)
Max. size 17.8cm x 38.1cm x 40.6cm (7in x 15in x 16in)
Max. Size 22.9cm x 35.6cm x 55.9cm (9in x 14in x 22in)
Must fit under your front seat.
Must fit in overhead bin and weight shouldn’t be too much to carry.
Can be a briefcase, small backpack or purse.
Example Garment bag, tote bag, or roll-aboard.
Baggage Fees of Carry-on bag
Carry-on baggage is chargeable by the allegiant airlines and fees for the same is charged as per the segment of your travel for example if you are travelling on an return air ticket then you need to pay 02 times for the baggage that is one at going time and second at coming time. Fees for carry-on baggage are non-refundable unless your baggage is lost by the airlines.
To save money allegiant airlines always recommend to buy carry-on baggage at the time of booking the air ticket or you can buy later at the time of web check-in or last option is you can buy the same at the airport as well.
- Booking time baggage fees varies between $18-$30 depending on the route
- Pre-departure USD 45
- At the airport ticket counter USD 50
- At the gate USD 75
- Oversized/excess personal items/carry-ons USD 50 – 75 per personal carry-on item/bag
Checked baggage policy by Allegiant airlines
All the Checked baggages are paid baggage means you need to pay for the bag which you are taking along with you. Per passenger you are allowed to carry maximum 05 baggages which you can buy online through website or at the airport counter, please note size & weight for each baggage is as per the airlines policy. Below are the dimensions which you need to follow for your checked baggage.
Max. Linear Dimensions 203cm/80 linear inches (Length + Width + Height) Includes handles, pockets, and wheels.
Max. Weight 40lbs/18kg per bag.
Max. Number of Bags 4 + 1 (4 online + 1 at the airport).
If you miss to add the baggage at the time of buying the air ticket no worries you can buy the same from the website under manage booking option by accessing your itinerary, but if you print your boarding pass you will not be able to add the same any more. To avoid paying extra amount at the airport counter allegiant airlines always recommend their customers to buy baggage beforehand. If you want to add the baggage at the airport counter you need to do the same at least 01 hour prior to the departure to avoid last minute inconvenience as most of the check-in counters close 45 minutes prior to the departure.
Allegiant Airlines accepts mobility aids like wheelchairs and other assistive devices free of charge, regardless of weight or size in most cases. Each passenger travelling with a child is allowed to carry 1 child safety seat and 1 infant stroller free of charge. The stroller/car seat can be taken up to the boarding area, gate-checked before boarding, and collected at the gate side of the destination airport.
Military Baggage Policy by Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant airlines offers special baggage to all active military and military veterans of the below divisions:-
- U.S. Army
- Marine Corps.
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Officer Corps.
Below are the size & weight details of carry-on baggage
The baggage allowance can be availed by spouses and dependents travelling on the same itinerary, as long as they have a valid dependent ID proving their status.
Checked baggage fees of Allegiant Airlines
Checked baggage fees of Allegiant airlines as per below:-
- At the time of booking USD 18 – 41 per bag (based on route).
- Pre-departure USD 45 per bag.
- At the airport USD 50 per bag.
Every passenger is allowed to check in max 5 baggage subject to weight and size as per the airlines baggage policy ( Wight is 40lb/18kgs per baggage and size is 80in/203cm (L+W+H)
In addition to your free personal item, you can carry the following items on board at no extra cost:
- Immediate consumption of food items.
- Single normal-sized bag of duty-free products.
- Single coat or jacket.
- Single umbrella.
- Single item for reading.
- Single diaper bag.
Mobility aids such as:
- A walking stick
- A wheelchair
- A stroller
Excess Baggage Fees of Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant airlines baggage policy for standard/normal fares.
- For every overweight & oversized baggage customer need to pay additional fees for the baggage.
- If your baggage is more then 40lb/18kgs then it will be considered as overweight.
- Two categories of overweight baggages – 41-70lb and 71-99lb
- If your baggage dimension are more than 80in/203cm ( including wheels, handles & pockets ) are considered oversized.
- If your baggage is exceeding 115in/292cm ( L+W+H ) in combined liner dimensions or 100lb/45kgs in weight is not accepted by the allegiant airlines.
Overweight & Oversized Baggage Fees
If your baggage is weighing more than 41-70lb/18kg to 31kg then you need to pay USD50.
If your baggage is weighing more than 71-99lb/32kg to 45kg then you need to pay USD75.
If your baggage dimension exceeding 80in/203cm then you need to pay USD75.
For details, refer to:
Checked Bag Fees Table
Baggage Fees Calculator
Allegiant Airlines Policy for Sports Equipment
Below is the allegiant airlines policy for sports equipment:
- Every single sports equipment is counted as checked baggage.
- Fees for checked baggage is considered per person, per bag and per segment basis.
- Once you paid for the checked baggage fees is non-refundable.
- If your baggage is weighing more than 40lb/18kgs then it will be considered as overweight.
- If your baggage dimension is more then 81lb/203cm then it is considered as oversized.
- Max 5 bags are allowed in checked baggage.
- If your bags are weighing more than 100lb/45kgs it is not accepted by the airlines.
Sports items allowed by the Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines baggage policy allows you can carry the following sports equipment—provided that you pack it safely in a container per Allegiant’s requirements:
- Bowling bag—with ball and shoes.
- Hard-sided golf bag—with clubs, balls, and shoes.
- Hockey stick—with equipment .
- Hockey equipment;
- Firearms—per policy
- Fishing equipment–incl. tackle box and fishing rod provided that the rod is packed in a suitable container to prevent damage.
- Snow ski gear, packed in a suitable container(s) comprising not more than:
- Skis—1 pair.
- Ski poles—1 pair
- Ski boots—1 pair
- Water ski gear, packed in a suitable container(s) comprising not more than:
- Water skis—1 pair
- Life preserver—1
- Skateboard, in a suitable container
- Archery equipment, including:
- A bow (suitably encased)
- Arrows (suitably encased)
- Target—average-sized only
- Scuba equipment, subject to the following conditions:
- Air tanks must be empty
- All other equipment (mask, BCD, flippers, weight belt, etc.) must be suitably packed in a container
Allegiant Airlines Musical Instruments Policy
The Allegiant baggage policy for musical instruments allows you to carry your musical instrument in 3 ways:
- As a paid carry-on baggage item.
- Max. dimensions 9in x 14in x 22in.
- As a paid checked baggage item.
- Max. linear dimensions 115in/292.1cm (per applicable oversized baggage fee).
- Max. weight 100lb/45.4kg (per applicable overweight baggage fee).
- As a paid-for seat baggage item.
- Purchase a seat and inform Allegiant in advance.
- Pack it properly in a case.
- Secure it safely to the first window seat behind a floor-to-ceiling bulkhead. (such seats are limited in number).
Examples of musical instruments and other equipment that Allegiant allows you to carry as a paid-for seat item include cellos, bass violas, guitars, etc., as well as computer, electronic, and audio/video equipment/parts.
What to do in case of baggage lost?
There are 2 ways to report the lost of baggage to the Allegiant airlines:
- At the airport – If you couldn’t find your baggage at the airport immediate inform the allegiant baggage service office not more than 04 hours of the arrival
- Allegiant baggage service office will assist you in filling the form for baggage lost.
- Mark email – In case if you couldn’t report for the lost of baggage at the airport no worries you can mark email to allegiant airlines baggage lost and inform them about your baggage missing.
Process to file baggage claim to Allegiant Airlines
To file a baggage claim for a delayed, lost, or damaged bag on Allegiant Airlines, you will need to:
- Visit the Allegiant Baggage Service Office at the airport within 4 hours of arrival and fill out a Baggage Report and describe your request in detail.
- If you couldn’t report the issue at the airport, you must Email Allegiant immediately and describe your request in detail, along with your confirmation number, contact details, etc.
You must report (with your signature) register your claim:
- For damaged bags—within 4 hours of arrival.
- For lost or missing bags—within 24 hours of arrival.
After you file your baggage claim, Allegiant’s baggage department will try to track your bag and resolve your problem within 45 days—and inform you of the outcome via email.
If the baggage department finds that Allegiant was responsible for the damage, or loss, you will be compensated per rules that apply.
Liability for lost and Damaged bag by Allegiant Airlines
As per the allegiant airlines baggage policy, liability for lost, damaged or delayed bags is limited whatever is lower:
- Amount of loss or damage.
- USD 3500 or 1131 international SDR per passenger.
Banned and Restricted Items
The Allegiant baggage policy lists the following items as restricted and hazardous—and provides certain guidelines for their carriage.
- Alcohol, liquor, and wine (subject to TSA screening)
- Alcohol content (by volume) must not be more than 70% (140 proof).
- Must be unopened and in original retail packaging.
- Max 5 liters per passenger is permitted— between 24% (48 proof) and 70% (140 proof).
- When exceeding 3.4 oz, must be taken as checked baggage.
- When less than 3.4 oz is taken as carry-on baggage, the TSA 3-1-1 rule will apply.
- Onboard consumption is not permitted.
- Batteries (such as lithium-ion and metal) in portable electronic devices incl. cellphones, laptops, e-cigarettes, hand-held games, watches, calculators, camcorders, etc. must be taken as carry-on baggage only.
- Devices containing recalled lithium batteries—such as in Samsung Galaxy Note7—are banned for transport in any form.
- All types of lithium-ion/lithium metal-powered recreational vehicles are banned for transport in any form.
- When carrying lithium ion-powered luggage (smart bags), certain requirements must be met.
- For carry-on baggage:
- Lithium battery must not be more than 100-watt hours (Wh).
- Signal transmitting must be switched off and must be PED compliant.
- For checked baggage:
- Lithium batteries must be taken out and transported in the cabin.
- Lithium battery must not be more than 100 watt-hours (Wh).
- Smart bags that do not meet safety requirements will not be accepted.
- Spare lithium ion/metal batteries must be:
- Taken as carry-ons only.
- Protected from short circuit or damage, i.e. they must be in original retail packaging, or the battery terminals must be taped with electrical tape, or packed in a battery case, or a protective pouch.
- Batteries with 160-plus watt-hours are prohibited.
- Batteries with 160-plus watt-hours are prohibited.
- Spillable wet cells
- Allowed only for wheelchairs or assistive devices.
- All other wet cell batteries are prohibited in any form.
- Defense Sprays
- Pepper sprays, tear gas, maces, etc. are prohibited on Allegiant in any form.
- Dry Ice
- Non-hazardous ones are preferred—such as gel coolants, blue ice, etc.
- If carrying dry ice, you must meet the following conditions:
- Carry-on bag size requirements.
- Must notify customer service at the airport check-in.
- Must not exceed 5.5lbs/2.5kg per passenger.
- Cannot be airtight.
- The label must bear the following:
- Carbon Dioxide, Solid or Dry Ice.
- Net weight of contents (i.e. dry ice).
- Package contents.
- Containers with plastic foam incl. Styrofoam are prohibited.
- Rapid and instant cold packs using ammonium nitrate are prohibited.
- Wet-ice is prohibited.
- Electronic cigarettes can only be transported as carry-ons
- You are not allowed to use them onboard
- All batteries must be taken out at check-in and kept with the passenger
- All explosives are banned in any form.
- Examples include fireworks, firecrackers, flare guns, flares, gunpowder, sparklers, hand grenades, etc.
- Flammable Solids and Liquids
- All flammable solids and liquids are banned in any form.
- Examples include fuels, paints, glues, paint solvents, waterproofing articles, lubricants, tent sealers, etc.
- Note—Guidelines for matches and lighters:
You are allowed to carry only:
- 1 packet of regular safety matches on your person or in your carry-on baggage.
- 1 lighter on your person or in your carry-on baggage.
- 2 lighters in your checked baggage, provided they are packed in a U.S. DOT-approved case.
- Household Items
- Aerosols, bleaches, and drain cleaners are banned.
- Examples include cooking spray, laundry starch, insecticides, etc.
- Oxygen (Compressed or Liquid)
- Only FAA-approved personal oxygen concentrators (POCs) are permitted.
- Both compressed and liquid oxygen are banned.
- Self-Heating Meals
- Flameless meals are forbidden in any form.
- Examples include HeaterMeals, Meals Ready to Eat (MREs), etc.
- Liquids, Creams, Aerosols & Powders:
The following personal use toiletry and medicinal products are allowed—subject to TSA screening 3-1-1 liquid rules:
- Permitted products
- Aerosols (shaving creams, hairsprays, deodorants, sunscreen lotion, repellents, etc.).
- Colognes and perfumes.
- Rubbing alcohol.
- Nail polish
- Inhalers and medicines.
- Permissible quantities
- Cannot exceed 70 oz. (2 kg) by mass or 68 fl oz. (2L) by volume.
- The container capacity must not exceed 18 oz/0.5kg/ 17fl oz/500 ml.
- Packaging must-haves
- Devices with aerosol mechanisms like buttons and nozzles must be properly capped and protected to prevent accidental leakages.
- Permitted products